- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
19 W Houston St
We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and passionate Sous Chef to join our team at Shuka! Candidates should have solid leadership skills, a highly developed sense of urgency, and be able to work well under pressure while managing others. Our ideal applicants are individuals who are responsible team players with strong communication and inter-personal skills that can handle multiple tasks in a composed, friendly and hospitable manner and have the speed and skills to handle a very fast paced restaurant.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen management, inventory management, staff scheduling and food/labor cost maintenance
- Be punctual, focused, dedicated, reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Be communicative, proactive; a team player at all times
- Experience creating and maintaining prep list, placing orders, working with vendors
- A Department of Health Food Handler Card. If you don t have one, you will be required to get one within the first 30 days of employment
- Maintaining food safety standards at Department of Health standards so that we are always ready to receive an A grade
- Managing the line and assuring food quality and presentation during service
- Assisting with BOH facilities maintenance and upkeep
- Assisting in training line and prep cooks, particularly with new dishes and new hires
- Being accountable for food and BOH labor costs
- Competitive salaries
- 1 week of paid vacation after 6 months
- Health insurance
- Career growth
- Transit benefits
- Free SoulCycle classes
- Weekly informative wine classes
- Dining privileges with our sister restaurants: Cookshop, Rosies & Vic s.
Please send us your resume with salary requirement via e-mail. Include all your information in the body of the e-mail. No attachment will be open. Email all resumes to ...@shukanewyork.com.
Visit our website at www.shukanewyork.com.
More detail about Shuka part of The Bowery Group, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, catering, culinary, executive, lead, pantry, restaurant assistant chef, salad chef, service, sous
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...