Address: 555 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, United States (US)
Hourly/Salaried: Salaried (Exempt)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
At Sephora, we know our success is based on the fearless leadership of our teams. Each of our retail locations has unique needs to best serve both its clients and staff, and we empower our Leads, Specialists, Store Directors, and District Managers to manage multiple aspects of their businesses as if it was their own.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Store Director you will be managing all client service, people development, merchandising and operations in your store. Reporting to the District Manager, you will lead your team through Sephora's culture and values to our company vision and objectives are met. In addition, you will:
* Develop strategies to grow the business by leveraging client loyalty programs, events, product knowledge, services, and more * Forecast sales and payroll with your district manager to drive store results * Maintain optimum store staffing levels to deliver an exceptional client experience while adhering to budgetary goals * Build a coaching culture in your store where everyone is recognized for their success and given feedback on areas to grow * Oversee all product training in your store while building a team with advanced product expertise * Recruit, interview, and attract top talent in addition to providing succession and development plans for your team * Implement, support, and drive all operational initiatives to ensure store profit and efficient processes * Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Work-Life Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, & Initiative
We think you'd be a great for this role if you have:
* 4+ years of retail management experience running a high-volume, complex business (# of years required is dependent on store's volume) * Flexible availability to work during \"peak\" retail hours such as nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays * Ability to motivate, develop, and inspire a team to be their best self * Demonstrated passion for excellent client service and experiential retail * Proven organizational, analytical, and business management skills
You'll love working here because:
* The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with * The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product courtesy of our brand partners, often multiple times a month (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!) * The education. Sephora heavily invests in training for our store leaders - not just product knowledge but building a personalized career plan with you so you can achieve your professional goals * The perks. Sephora offers medical benefits, competitive 401k, gift matching, and a 'perks' program that includes various discounts at participating companies (hotels, rental cars, telecommunication, gyms, etc) * The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 prestige brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Dior, and more
Our legal team wants you to know what's required:
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and bend/stretch to stock shelves * Handle and apply cosmetics products to clients * Adherence to Sephora's dress code and other policies in the Sephora Employee Handbook
Associated topics: director, lead, leader, major gifts officer, major gift officer, principal, sales lead, senior manager, store manager, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.